Tuesday, September 22, 2020
The Yoga Almanac, co-authored by Raleigh yoga teacher Andrea Rice, aligns yoga practices with the astrological seasons. Autumn is a time for grounding into habits that generate a sense of steadiness and harmony. Join Rice for a two-hour live virtual experience to embody the transitional energy of fall and discover how it relates to current astrological patterns.
Rice guides participants through mindfulness meditation exercises and journaling prompts for self-reflection, as well as a practical ritual to find balance. All skill levels welcome; ages 16 and up.
Price includes a copy of the book, which will be media mailed to registrants after the workshop (domestic only; $17.95 value).
“Autumn is a transitional season, straddling the ripeness of summer with the scarcity of winter; a time to slow down and regain equilibrium in a rushed world. Here, we may contemplate our needs in relation to others, and create routines that encourage a sense of fullness” (The Yoga Almanac).
For questions about the content of this program, email Bryanne Senor.
How to prepare for this program:
• Dress comfortably.
• Choose a quiet space with minimal distractions.
• Find a supportive seat; that can be a yoga mat, cushion, pillows, or a comfortable chair.
• Have a notebook and pen nearby.
• While you can use a smartphone to join, for an optimal experience we recommend using a desktop, laptop, or tablet.
• Log on a few minutes early to get familiar with the view options, chat box, and other functions.
• Use headphones and microphone for best sound quality, and silence alerts from nearby devices.