Tuesday, October 13, 2020
Museum Park, Ellipse
This ancient Chinese martial art combines slow, gentle, flowing movements with focused attention and deep breathing. You’ll be ensconced in art and nature for an hour, calming the mind and increasing overall well-being. Taught by Imari Colón of East Cloud Kung Fu. All skill levels welcome; ages 16 and up.
This hourlong program is limited to eight participants. The same class is also scheduled for October 14, 27, and 28.
Important safety information
• Preregistration required; no walkups.
• Participants must wear cloth masks until the program begins and any time they leave their designated spaces on the grass.
• Participants who are not in the same family or group must stay at least 6 feet from other participants.
• As participants arrive, they will see markings on the ground, 10 feet apart. Each participant should stand on a mark and remain there for check-in and to take the class. Participants will be checked in verbally by the name tickets were reserved under.
• Participants must also verbally respond to a self-screen assessment. Please review the assessment before attending the program. If you answer “yes” to any question or have any symptoms, stay home.
• Once class begins, participants may remove their masks, but if they leave their spot, they must put the mask back on.
• The teacher will stay at least 10 feet from participants throughout the program, and she will take her mask off once class begins. There will be no hands-on adjustments or close-contact assistance.
• We appreciate everyone’s efforts to make this a safe and enjoyable experience!